2020 has come around too fast, so here’s a bit about what I’ll be up to creatively over the next month. I’ll be presenting performing at Newkind Conference 28 Jan-2nd Feb 2020. For more info check out their website: Newkind Conference
On Sunday Jan 2nd I’ll be telling stories and sining traditional songs at the Museum of New and Old Art – MONA on the outdoor stage from 1-3pm Fred Leone Butchulla Song Man. For more info on MONA click here: MONA
There’s a whole bunch more exciting things coming up in 2020 so check back in for more info.
If you are interested in working with me on a project just head to the contact page and shoot me a message.
With one week to go before the delivery of the National Indigenous Dance Forum I’m looking forward to this event. After the forum I will then be working on the following:
- Music Industry workshop facilitation for APRA AMCOS
- Hip Hop workshop facilitation with Desert Pea Media on Mornington Island
- Producing for Quandamooka Festival’s Winnam Kunjiel and Minjerribah Kunjiel Cultural Dance events.
- Queensland Performing Arts Clancestry Festival on Yawar South East Queensland’s biggest Indigenous Cultural dance event.
- Brisbane Ekka Night Show Entertainment
At the moment, I’m busy working on the National Indigenous Dance Forum (NIDF) with BlakDance. NIDF will take place at Yirramboi Indigenous Performing Arts Festival in Melbourne from May 5th – the 7th. I’m working on the first national gathering of Traditional Indigenous Song, knowledge & dance holders. The NIDF will bring together the Nations leading practitioners of traditional & contemporary dance to speak about issues affecting their individual communities as well as look at best practice models from various communities that can be replicated in other regions of the country strengthening cultural expression and cultural practice.